We all experience moments of self-doubt and uncertainty. Even the most confident and happy people have moments where they think “I’m a failure.”
It’s a part of being human.
Building self-esteem can be a difficult journey for young girls, but it’s much easier to plant this seed at a young age and tend to it as your daughter grows. If you are a parent or any other valued adult in the life of a young girl, I hope you will come to our workshops to seize the moment and begin cultivating a healthy sense of self-worth for your daughter.
We’ll provide several methods and activities for building self-esteem, starting with self-esteem worksheets for young children and ending with the importance of journalling.
Follow the @girlalmightyclub
I intend launching my Kiki books for tweens this spring. In conjunction with the book(s) I would like to run workshops in Harrogate to help young girls’ self-esteem. The format would be:
#GirlAlmighty – Self-Esteem Workshop for Tweens
1. Introduction to the importance of self-esteem with slides – run through the agenda (10 mins)
2. Getting to know yourself (worksheet and activities for increase emotional IQ) (40 mins)
3. Things that make you beautiful, and explaining how by transforming the way we look, we change the way we feel and therefore the way we act. (40 mins)
followed by the importance of self-image and how this makes you confident (projection of the self both inside and out) Time out for makeovers FUN (1.5 hours)
* Your time to shine.
4. Toot your horn + self-esteem journalling, writing prompts for saying something positive about yourself (40 mins)
* I like myself because…
* I’m an expert at…
* I feel peaceful when…
((Journal prompts in journal to take home)) Intro to journal and how to use it: (20 mins)
Your daughter’s personal journal will contain ideas for positive and productive morning routines as well as prompts for each day.
Example journal prompts:
1) Something I did well today…
2) Today I had fun when…
3) I felt proud when…
Plus areas for goal setting: Goals for the month / Goals for the year / Goals for life
5. How to make friends worksheet and activities helping children to learn about what makes them good friends, and what they should look for in a friend. Who you surround yourself with influences your life and decisions and actions. (40 mins)
6. Presentation by female MA Instructor – to talk about the importance of confidence and fitness. With exercises! FUN
*Your time to shine.
Round up and farewell send off
What your daughter will get from the workshop
Emotional: memories of a great day, optimism, focusing on the positive and a strong foundation for building a healthy sense of self-esteem
Physical: a gorgeous journal, a copy of my book(s), flyers for ladies presenting the workshops and videos of their presentations